- Explain the concept and purpose of a Labyrinth
- Have each participant walk the Labyrinth either one at a time or as a group. If you are using the Table Top Labyrinth, have each participant trace the maze with their fingertip.
- Upon completing an activity, or even after journaling, the facilitator encourages participants to reflect on their experience, while traversing the labyrinth.
- The typical goal is to reach the center of the labyrinth, and return to the outside, without crossing any lines, and without talking.
- Movement with meditation and introspection is the key.
Possible Facilitator Script: “Let’s gather around to hear the directions for our next activity. Today we are walking the labyrinth. The labyrinth has been around for many centuries and is used by many of the world’s religions and spiritual paths as a way of personal reflection, meditation, and connection. The typical goal is to reach the center of the labyrinth, and return to the outside, without crossing any lines, and without talking. Movement with meditation and introspection is the key. The labyrinth becomes a metaphor for our own journey. As we wind through the labyrinth consider your own journey inward and as you return from the core of the labyrinth consider how you will move out from here. Consider all that it took to arrive at this moment and all the amazing tools you take with you as you prepare to go forward.
Recovery/Wellness Metaphor from the book, Facilitated Growth – The journey to recovery is rarely a straight line between two points. Life takes us on a windy journey filled with many turns and unexpected movements. The journey of the labyrinth can be very much about finding recovery or it can be about finding ourselves, our higher power, or any type of meditation.
This portable Labyrinth measures 16 feet in diameter and is designed to allow trainers, facilitators, and organizations to put a Labyrinth wherever they need it. Made from highly durable vinyl, this Labyrinth can be used indoors or outdoors on many types of surfaces. Folds down into a 24"x24" stuff sack.
One Labyrinth, one stuff sack, and activity Instructions included.