Portable Teambuilding Activities Book
Training Wheels Gear
Portable Teambuilding Activities:Games, Initiatives, and Team Challenges for Any Space
By Chris Cavert and Friends
An evocative list—FUN, choice of challenge, discussion, compassion, self-efficacy, respect, acceptance, integrity, discovery, teamwork—all integral parts of experiential/adventure education. Did you notice the bold first word in this magic list? Fortunately, Chris Cavert, is a dedicated FUN magnet, and your welcoming guide to active participation (from the Foreword by Karl Rohnke).
This book is filled with a variety of teambuilding activities with a range of challenge levels.These activities can be used with middle and high school students, college students, and adult groups of all ages and backgrounds. Most of the challenges require easy-to-find props and equipment, others require some extra effort before you play. All the activities can be resources to add to powerful and positive pro-social development programs.
If you can answer “Yes” to any one of the following questions, then we can confidently say, “This book IS for you.”
- Are you an educator or counselor of middle or high school students interested in building a stronger community in your classroom, gym, or school?
- Do you work with adult populations helping them build stronger teams, communities, and workplace relationships?
- Are you an adventure education facilitator working with groups of all ages on challenge courses, teambuilding programs, and wilderness trips?
- Do you want to make a positive impact on the social development of the people you teach and the people with which you work?
- Are you interested in making the space around you, and even the world, a more peaceful place to live?
- Are you willing to “approach each new person you meet in a spirit of adventure?”